There are three errors that appear in pop-up windows when SMA does not detect at camera driver, or the camera is not plugged into the computer:
- "Error: Unable to connect to capture driver. Video capture will not be available for this session."
- "No Driver: Error in capFileSetCaptureFile Unable to open capture driver"
- Additionally when you click Start, “File Not Found” appears.
First, check that the camera is actually installed and working by following these instructions:
- Exit SMA, and plug the camera into your computer.
- Start the AMCAP program. This is located on your desktop, or can be found by clicking the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the screen, and typing "amcap" into the little search box, or clicking Search (XP).
- AMCAP should start. If you cannot find AMCAP, or the program does not display video from the camera, you will need to re-install the camera driver.
- Unplug the camera, and follow these installation instructions.
Please note that some cameras are not supported by SMA, including the 1080P Widescreen Video Webcam. If you are able to see an image in AMCAP, but the SMA video window shows a black screen, you should download and use the Stopmotion Explosion Animator application, which supports all USB video sources.